See us Perform
Bagpipe music is a distinct, unmistakable sound that can be heard all across campus prior to kick-off on home game Saturdays. The best place to see us perform is on Notre Dame's campus!
- We have a public performance in front of the Main building every home football game. These performances are usually at 11:30 AM (4 hours before kick-off time). For night games, consult the schedule at gameday.nd.edu.
- We play our "Kelly Set" to lead the football team on the Player Walk along the path from the Library to the gates of the Stadium. We begin tuning for this performance on Library Quad just after the Glee Club wraps up its performance at approximately 1:00 PM (again, night game times may differ). Be sure to grab a spot early for the Player Walk along this route and you will hear the sounds of the Bagpipe Band leading the team!
- On home game days, we also perform at several official and unofficial tailgate parties. Some of these are open to the public, so listen for the sound of the pipes!
Some of our off campus performances are also great places to see us in action:
- Since 2014, the NDPB has been accompanying the Chicago Journeymen Plumbers Local Union 130 for the annual St. Patrick's day parade in Chicago. We can be seen in the parade itself as well as piping and drumming on the boats that dye the Chicago river green.
- The NDPB has played for a number of basketball halftime shows.
- The NDPB performed at the College Football Hall of Fame for the Knute Rockne statue dedication
- The NDPB competed in the Midwest Pipe Band Assossiation Mini-Bands Competition in the Spring of 2010. More competitions will be added to our line up in the coming years.